I am so ready to allow myself to answer my hero’s journey and transcend the years of confusion and stuckness I have experienced in my personal and business life. It has been exhausting and all consuming and CONFUSING!!!
Learning the Hero’s Journey cycle gave me understanding and HOPE to what I have been stuck in for years.
And yet the fear is very real. I want to know who I am to be. I want it to happen fast… get it done.
And this transformation requires me to do that which I fear… to talk with people about my business.
It seems silly to even write that last sentence out… because that is really what I want… to grow my business.
Yes, I am writing this blog post a week late. And yes, I am splitting it up into 2 blog posts to be able to meet my weekly promise to make a blog entry every week during my MKMMA experience.
I own up to it.
Yet, the 2 blogs, even on the same topic have 2 different focuses and observations.
Last week (week 16) it was amazing how fast the week flew by. I did my daily readings, my cards, my sit exercise all pretty much on automatic. It is a habit now. And the rest of the days just disappeared… like super focused and time just melted away. Things I need and people I want to connect with are coming to me at hyper speed. Decisions are being made quickly and amazingly accurate. I am living from my compass and life is flowing in the direction I want!! It is awe-inspiring!
And a bit scarey… can I keep my focus on track even longer to keep moving forward? I will say “yes” and just know I can.
Yep….. I admit it. I feel just like the dog sitting with her head down and big puppy eyes straining to look lovingly into her masters face.
I had a week from He** and not going to deny it… I fell off the wagon of all my promises to myself of doing my readings, writing my gratitudes, and staying true to my commitment of MKMMA.
No good reason. I was in a funk. I could tell you about the health issues that were present this week…. but won’t. I could describe in detail all the things I allowed myself to eat… but won’t. I could complain how sucky the week was…. but won’t.
I allowed myself to be angry and think negative. I allowed myself to be disappointed with myself. I thought about alot of stuff that I know better to not think about.
I didn’t do the work that I have been learning, practicing and embodying for the last 4 months.
And my week sucked big time.
And yet, I am kinda glad it happened.
The Master Keys by Haanel in part 15-29 thru 34 states:
29. In the physical world there is a law of compensation which is that “the appearance of a given amount of energy anywhere means the disappearance of the same amount somewhere else,” and so we find that we can get only what we give; if we pledge ourselves to a certain action we must be prepared to assume the responsibility for the development of that action. The subconscious cannot reason. It takes us at our word; we have asked for something; we are now to receive it; we have made our bed, we are now to lie in it; the die has been cast; the threads will carry out the pattern we have made.
30. For this reason Insight must be exercised so that the thought which we entertain contains no mental, moral or physical germ which we do not wish objectified in our lives.
31. Insight is a faculty of the mind whereby we are enabled to examine facts and conditions at long range, a kind of human telescope; it enables us to understand the difficulties, as well as the possibilities, in any undertaking.
32. Insight enables us to be prepared for the obstacles which we shall meet; we can therefore overcome them before they have any opportunity of causing difficulty.
33. Insight enables us to plan to advantage and turn our thought and attention in the right direction, instead of into channels which can yield no possible return.
34. Insight is therefore absolutely essential for the development of any great achievement, but with it we may enter, explore and possess any mental field.
This was a perfect part of the reading that helped me to understand the need to stay true to my promise to myself to stay with the MKMMA lessons and my new habits…. and also to the benefit of a down week like last week and the learnings that are possible.
My desire and promise to to stay on course with my new habits and new me.
October Sky is a very compelling true story about a boy’s interest in building rockets after seeing the Sputnick travel across the sky in October of 1957.
He meets what seems to be insurmountable odds against him as he rallies his friends and even the community nerd to help him build and fire off rockets. They had very little access to “rocket building information” as this was still a very new technology and NO internet to google for information!
Yet, he succeeds in building several and goes on to win a science contest and later earns a scholarship to college.
My learnings from this movie were several. First I was profoundly moved by his single focused objective…. to build a rocket that flies. And he didn’t let anything get in his way of doing it. PERSISTENCE was the key. Persistence and a DEFINITE MAJOR PURPOSE. Also, he needed to stay positive in his thoughts always….. and to keep enthusiastic about his mission… especially in enlisting help from his friends. All this despite the odds against him = SUCCESS.
The second movie I watched was “Wild”. Again, based on a true story. I appreciate movies based on true stories as it seems the messages are more profound as I can really take it in and KNOW that someone accomplished… or went through and made it.
Cheryl Strayed trekked the Pacific Trail in 2012 after coming to a point in her life where she was painfully aware of needing to change her ways. Clearly she was on a path of self destruction. She woke up finally to know that this was the last straw…. change needed to happen now and SHE needed to change.
I am especially excited about the movie as I have had my own “Come to Jesus” moments of needing to change several times during my life. about 15 years ago…. it was about changing my domineering bull personality to one of kindness and love. This year…. it is about changing my financial situation and profession.
What I learned from this movie is to stay the course…. persistence again…. to keep going until you arrive into the light that you are seeking. Even if the outcome is not quite as crystal clear as it should be…. to STAY IN MOTION and keep going. And to love yourself through it.
2 excellent choices that go hand in hand with all that I am learning in the Master Keys Mastermind…. Thank you Mark and Davene!!